[WT-support] Win-test 4.28 IOTA contest

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Aug 3 17:11:58 CEST 2018

Hi

The rules (https://www.rsgbcc.org/hf/rules/2018/riota.shtml) state :

> Multi-Operator entrants may find it convenient to allocate separate blocks of serial numbers for each station, but do ensure if possible that there is no duplication of serial numbers.

Using odd and even numbers "blocks" ensures there won't be any
duplication of serial numbers.

There is *no* *mention* of ordering requirement in the numbering as a
whole (which, obviously, can't be obtained with different blocks,
whatever these blocks are).

As a reminder, I already demonstrated several times on this list that :

- Ordered Numbering (as a whole)
- No missing number
- No duplicate number

can't be achieved with several transmitters running at the same time.

At best, you can meet two out of these three requirements, but not all
of them.

> Also Chg Band RUN and Mult limitations messages
> on ALT_R  window are strong trouble for us too. 2018 contest rules dont
> have any QSY limitations for our entry.

Unfortunately, I never received any email from the contest organizers
about this rule modification, which existed the previous years.

It will be removed, unless it comes back in 2019. Who knows...

Remember Jan. 7 2015 - #JeSuisCharlie
Remember Nov. 13 2015 - #JeSuisParis
Remember July 14 2016 - #JeSuisNice