[WT-support] R: WPX - SO2R with 2 computers!

Matt IZ3EYZ - Matteo Marzilli iz3eyz at virgilio.it
Tue Mar 21 00:44:21 CET 2017

Hola,

for SO2R with 2 x PC you simply set each PC/radio as SO1R in Wintest and you are done. You just need to network them.

The only problem with Wintest in serial number contests like WPX is that there's no **reservation number** feature, unlike other logging SW. [...]
As per N6TV note, one possible workaround is to send the same serial number to two stations but that won't reflect the log and you will need to take a note and correct it manually after the contest since WT doesn't allow editing the sent serial number on fly.
Another solution is that you send the correct serial sequence on fly. To control this in SSB is simple if you gonna use your own voice to send out numbers. So, if you have two ongoing qsos overlapping (one on each radio) you can decide which number goes to each station.
To control this on CW you need to be using paddles (for CW) to be able to send out serial numbers independently besides CW generated PC.
If you don't want to use paddles/own voice the solution is to hold/delay one qso on one radio until you log the ongoing qso on the other.

AFAIK this issue was discussed on this reflector long time ago when per band serial number rule in MS WPX was required. The not so smart workaround suggested at that time was to reserve the number by logging the qso immediately with a fake number and then overwrite it with the real received one.

IMO nowadays the demand is still high since the **reservation number** feature is required for proficient in-band operation in MS/M2/MM.
The same is true for SO2R. Think about 2 x CQ high-rate operation as SO2R/2PC in a serial number contest.

Regards.

Matt