[WT-support] MULTI-MODE CONTESTS

Don Beattie don at g3bj.com
Mon Jul 10 10:31:39 CEST 2017

I had further instances this weekend in the IARU contest of the “bug/feature” that causes WT to go off the rails in multi-mode contests. I documented this a while back on here.

Here’s the config you need.

1.	Advanced SO2R enabled
2.	Radio A set to CW on one band. Radio B to SSB on another.
3.	Both rig band maps open (and connected to cluster and with spots on each mode)
4.	Enter a call in the A log entry screen. Tab to the Ser and enter a number
5.	Press a function key to send a CW message on A
6.	Whilst it is sending, left click on a spot for radio B in the B band map.
7.	Complete the A QSO by pressing <enter> and the next line in the main logging window is now SSB.

I can’t believe this is too hard a fix, but it grounded me a few times in the IARU contest this weekend! Seems to me it’s quite normal practice to be using the “B” band map to shift the “B” transceiver whilst “A” is sending 😊

Is there any hope this can be fixed – with the IOTA contest coming up it would be nice to know we don’t have the same issue there in multi-mode.

73

Don, G3BJ / G5W

www.g3bj.com