[WT-support] Fresh Install Wintest Fails

stewart at gm4aff.net stewart at gm4aff.net
Wed Oct 19 22:04:42 CEST 2016

Thanks Bob, and everyone else who helped. The reason I was reluctant
to issue a cry for help was because I have my desktop PC in front of
me connected to the K3, and everything works. The laptop is configured
exactly the same way - the ports baud rate, etc. are all easy to see
and check that they are correct. It shouldn't be rocket science. I
worked my way through all the help received, including re-installing
the application as Admin, and running it as Admin. Nothing has made
any difference. It's weird, but I can't be bothered chasing it. Life's
too short!

I bought the TrippLite adapter based on advice received which (at the
time) said FTDI was unreliable. I can find references to FTDI as both
good and bad on this reflector!

I will revert to using my trusty old XP laptop for CQ WW and put this
64-bit piece of junk back in the sun lounge for my wife to use.

So please work PZ5K next weekend - I expect we will be able to
log the QSO!

73
Stewart
GM4AFF