[WT-support] trigger internal DVK through UART CTS?

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Oct 14 15:45:47 CEST 2016

Hi Alex

Le 14/10/2016 à 15:10, Alexander Kurpiers a écrit :

> It would be handy to be able to re-trigger the voice keyer from an
> external button (connected e.g. to UART CTS)

You can install and use wtRemote, with an additional mouse, and use one
of its buttons. Using a serial control line is then only a matter of
interfacing (a transistor or an optocoupler should do it).

http://download.win-test.com/utils/wtRemote_1.1.zip

> Also as there is no easy way to share a UART on Windows,
> so I need 2 - one for radio+CW+PTT and another one just for DVK).

You can share a physical port between two (or more) apps with com0com
pairs and hub4com. It even works for control lines (read DTR and RTS as
CW and PTT ;-) ). At least on win7.

Remember Jan. 7 2015 - #JeSuisCharlie
Remember Nov. 13 2015 - #JeSuisParis
Remember July 14 2016 - #JeSuisNice