[WT-support] registered user, but software remains in demo mode

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Nov 23 23:10:23 CET 2016

Wigi,

Most of these questions are covered by the FAQ, here
<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/FAQ:Problems_Registering_and_Running>.
Please read from top to bottom, as you are experiencing all the documented
issues.

Simply buying and installing the software is not good enough, each new PC
must be registered separately (for free), as documented (click Help |
Register Software).

In addition, did you download the "demo" software (
http://download.win-test.com/v4/demo/), or the real software (
http://download.win-test.com/v4/bin/).  The later site requires a
password.  If you never entered a password to download the software, you
installed the demo version which cannot be registered no matter what you do.

If you installed the right software, did you remember to right click and
select *Run as Administrator* when you ran the installer?

Also, after doing that, did you remember to change the Win-Test shortcut
Properties, Compatibility Tab, and change it to *Run as an Administrator*?
On Windows 7 and later, some things will not work properly if you don't do
that.

Once all that is done, select Help | Register software and follow the
prompts, on each computer.

If you already paid but can't find the emails, or need help getting a
password, account code, or to update your email address for receiving
codes, send an email to f5hry at wanadoo.fr with your 4-digit account code and
callsign. Hervé will be able to check or update your callsign and email
address.  He can also resend your download password if you don't have it.