[WT-support] Remote operation

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Nov 20 05:08:01 CET 2016

The only guy I know who knows how to make remoteRig work well with Win-Test
seems to be busy at the moment.  But he was using Elecraft K3/0 not an
FTdx5000.  I have no personal experience with this.

I'm afraid you're going to have to be the pioneer here.  Please document
everything for us if you manage to make it work.  Chances of success are
low.  There are a lot of things that have to be configured perfectly.

The best approach may be to run Win-Test on the remote computer (especially
for digital modes) and use something like TeamViewer to operate everything
as if you were there. But some keys like CapsLock (used for SO2R) don't
seem to work with TeamViewer.  Anyone know why?

Sharing the radio's COM port between Win-Test and remoteRig may cause
problems because Win-Test tries to poll the radio as fast as possible.  You
may have better luck using OmniRig to control the FTdx5000 instead of the
built-in support.  In any case, make sure you are using a recent version of
Win-Test (4.21 or later, which had remoteRig fixes).