[WT-support] Remote operation

William Liporace wc2l at wc2l.com
Sun Nov 20 03:56:26 CET 2016

Hi Folks,
I am trying to get things going working in time for WW CW. I will be
away for most of the contest, but I'm hoping I can remotely operate my
station.

My current setup is the FTdx5000 radio. I am currently using a Navigator
for my digital interface and communications for the radio. When I had
the setup working, I was using Teamviewer for the PC  control and used
the RemoteRig stuff to send audio and CW sending. I currently have a
microHam Keyer II kicking around (waiting for cables). I don't think
that changes any of the the above stuff.

I think that I can pretty easily setup the radio to go to the RemoteRig
via Com1 or Com2 and just send CW stuff via the Win-Test. I think I will
have my Surface with me in VT.  Already installed and registered
Win-Test. I know I have to install the scripts.  I may hook up my rotor
control (Green Heron RT-21) to Com2 or???

Is there a way to do digital modes remotely? Is there a better option?
Sorry for the simplistic questions. I'm just starting to get more active
again...

TNX Will WC2L

William Liporace WC2L
http://www.wc2l.com