[WT-support] Win-Test in VHF/UHF Contests

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Nov 19 21:24:31 CET 2016

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Bernhard Buettner <dl6rai at darc.de> wrote:

> a) I think Laurent made the required change to wtQSO:GetData() in the
> nightly build now.

Yes, let me try to update that script with the new VHF contests (thanks),
and also to use the locator in the grid field, if it is entered there.  If
a grid is entered in *both* the callsign and grid fields, I think I'll make
the one in the grid field get priority, so I'll check that first.  QRX.

Yes I can't make single click work, or change the colors when you press
Shift-F10, but you can ask Laurent to add an option for that.

> b) I now found the "real" vhf.dtb: It's stored in
> %APPDATA%\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Win-Test\databases\vhf.dtb. This
> file gets updated by Win-Test and is obviously used while the file in the
> original location is ignored. The N+1 window says which file it uses
> (vhf.dtb), but unfortunately not from which directory.

This only happens if you forgot to install Win-Test, and run Win-Test, with
by selecting "Run as an Administrator," as recommended.

Right click on the Win-Test shortcut, *Properties*, *Compatibility* tab,
enable *Run this program as an administrator*, and click *Apply* and *OK*. Now
Win-Test will update *C:\ProgramData\Win-test\Databases\vhf.dtb* instead of
the VirtualStore one (it's Windows security trying to prevent unauthorized
programs from overwriting files in protected folders).