[WT-support] Band Data Output

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu May 19 13:08:41 CEST 2016

Win,

Do you know anyone who has made this work with Win-Test?  Looks like it
requires a special API, or a custom version of InpOut32.dll for 64-bit
Windows.  Uncharted territory.

John,

See this thread for best practices re. parallel port options with modern
computers:

http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2015-September/084601.html

Bottom line:  if your radio has no band data output, and your PC has no
ExpressCard or PCIe slots so you can add a true LPT port, you'll either
need a microHAM box, a new computer, or a new radio.

I also agree with M0CKE that driving your band decoder with the radio,
rather than with a computer, is the best way to go.  That way you can still
change bands automatically while your computer is rebooting.