[WT-support] WinTest DVK

Dennis Egan egan.dennis88 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 21:44:15 CET 2016

Just spent a couple of hours struggling with setting up the WinTest DVK.
The setup in the manual looks so straightforward, but I couldn't get it to
work.  In particular, I kept getting a "Message at 100% not available"
error.   I was guessing that that error message meant there was no message
for F1, but I couldn't figure out what setup point I was missing.  I went
back and forth over the manual and wiki, but could not find where I was
going astray.

After playing with it and playing with it, I finally
found it.  "Operating-Shift binds to the secondary radio" was checked, and
the Shift-Fx key was never being activated.  I unchecked it, recorded my
messages, and now all works fine.

I went through the manual, and no where could I find that requirement.
While I can say it makes sense, if it had been in the documentation it
would have made my life 2 hours easier!

Dennis W1UE