[WT-support] New Experimental IOTA exchange numbering

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Jul 30 12:59:23 CEST 2016

Laurent is gone for the weekend.

Can they go back to rev 682 or does it still hang?  Maybe only one computer
can be marked RUN1 not two?

When does it hang?  What do they see exactly?  It works for a few seconds
then hangs?  White screen?

Did they change the Properties of the wt_dev.exe file to Run as
Administrator?  Is an anti-virus program or firewall program marking
wt_dev.exe as "suspicous" or blocking network access?

Did they save wt_dev.exe in the same folder as wt.exe?  They have to have
administrator privileges to copy wt_dev.exe into c:\Program Files
(x86)\Win-Test\.

Maybe another copy of Win-Test was already running?  Use Task Manager to
cancel wt.exe and wt_dev.exe or reboot the Windows 10 machine.

Make sure all other copies of Win-Test on the LAN are running wt 4.21 or
better yet, make sure all machines are not running Win-Test at all then
start the Windows 10 machine and Win-Test.

They may be able to start Win-Test without opening a file (run wt_dev -n
from Windows command prompt, which should be started with run as
administrator).  Then Options | Disable Log Sync.  Then open the file and
Win-Test may not hang.  Run the INV [Enter] command ("Inventory") to see
all the other versions of Win-Test running on the network.  If they are all
the same version, type SYNC to restart log sync.  Otherwise upgrade the old
versions first, then type SYNC.  You can't run 4.20 on any machine with
4.21 or 4.22.