[WT-support] DVK artifacts at the end of message

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Thu Jul 28 00:02:04 CEST 2016

Hi Ingo and Bob

Le 07/07/2016 à 20:34, Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> I think Win-Test is recording the sound of pressing the "Esc" key, or
> the sound of clicking the mouse, which you must do to stop recording,
> but it could be something else.

I checked and, indeed, it is the sound of the key (actually, I always
use the Enter key). If you press *gently* the key, there is no
"artifact" ;-)

> I'm also seeing a very loud spike at
> the /beginning/ of every recording.

I can't replicate this. All the files I tried are clean at the beginning.

>  I agree it would be nice if Win-Test could automatically
> truncate the first and last 100 ms of the recording to eliminate these
> spikes.

As I can't replicate the beginning spike, I only truncated the last 100
ms of the 100% file (and therefore, the -20%/+70% files do not have the
trailing spike). It will be available in the next dev version.

Remember Jan. 7 2015 - #JeSuisCharlie
Remember Nov. 13 2015 - #JeSuisParis
Remember July 14 2016 - #JeSuisNice