[WT-support] DVK artifacts at the end of message

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Jul 7 20:34:16 CEST 2016

I've noticed the same thing; it's yet another reason I prefer to trigger
the voice memory in the radio (via Win-Test LUA scripts) rather than using
a sound card as a voice keyer, though for SO2R, you must use sound card
keying for automatic interleaved messages between radios. So, neither
solution is perfect.

I think Win-Test is recording the sound of pressing the "Esc" key, or the
sound of clicking the mouse, which you must do to stop recording, but it
could be something else.  I'm also seeing a very loud spike at the
*beginning* of every recording.

Editing the generated .WAV files with Audacity may be the only option for
now.  I agree it would be nice if Win-Test could automatically truncate the
first and last 100 ms of the recording to eliminate these spikes.

Another option worth investigating is VE3NEA's "Voice Shaper":

http://dxatlas.com/VShaper/

But I haven't tried it myself.