[WT-support] issues with vhf.dtb

DK5KMA dk5kma at darc.de
Tue Jul 26 12:31:30 CEST 2016

Hello Bob, Hello Larry

 > Which "information window"?  The pop-up window you see briefly when you
 > open a log?
 >
 > Which contest did you select?  I only see HF.DTB displayed when I right
 > click on the Check Partial window and select "Used files list."

the "information window" I was referring to is the "Used files list",
sorry for the imprecise term.
In 4.20, what I'm running now, check partial and n+1 is using the
vhf.dtb by default when I select "IARU VHF" or "EU V/UHF test" (and when
running in administrator mode, hi), even when MASTER.scp is in the
database folder, what makes perfectly sense to me, but is documented
otherwise here:
<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files#Search_order>.
Renaming MASTER.scp do DEFAULT.scp makes Wintest to select this one, not
the vhf.dtb. Like I said, it makes perfectly sense to me, because
vhf.dtb is somehow the specific contest file for all vhf/uhf contests.

 > For a VHF contest like IARU VHF or June VHF, Win-Test 4.21 seems to
select
 > HF.DTB for check-partial purposes instead of MASTER.SCP or similar,
but it
 > still uses VHF.DTB for pre-filling the grid locator.
 >
 > Enter a call like DC1LEX and you can see the exchange pre-filled, but
 > nothing in the Check Partial window.

You are right, exchange guessing with filling in the locator did work
all the time, but it was a bit confusing to see "UNIQUE" in the "Check
Partial" and "N+1" window and the locator appearing anyway.
So, all is working ok for me now on 4.20, I will keep it until the next
release with the bugfix.

Thanks for your work and support,

73 de DK5KMA, Kevin