[WT-support] Navigator - 2-Tone & FSK

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Sun Feb 14 23:24:39 CET 2016

I don’t have a Navigator, but if you read the FSK document in the 2Tone folder you’ll note that G3YYD does not recommend FSK via a USB to serial converter (which is basically what the Navigator is). 2Tone uses what is known as “bit-banging”, which on a Windows machine will cause timing errors. You might get by, but you might not. It depends (on lots of things).

Your choices are to continue to use MMTTY for transmit (which uses the UART in the Navigator), or use one of the alternate FSK schemes laid out in the 2Tone FSK document. Requires some construction. The TinyFSK device seems to be the up and coming favorite.

If you want to try it, just select FSK in the 2Tone settings window, set the COM port and transmit data pin (depends on the Navigator settings) and give it a go.

Ken K6MR