[WT-support] DVK TS590

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Aug 28 21:32:45 CEST 2016

Ian,

Did you try using the sound card in the radio ("USB Audio CODEC"), instead
of the sound card in your laptop?

You can use the radio as a sound card with software PTT, via two one-line
scripts:

*TX.wts*:

wtRadio:Send("TX1;")   -- Data Send PTT (put radio into TX)

*RX.wts*:

wtRadio:Send("RX;")    -- Put radio into RX

Assign *RX.wts* to the *Escape* key using the Win-Test Scripts manager
(Tools | Scripts Manager ...).

Surround each voice message with  "#TX" and "#RX" script calls, like this:

F1:  #TX $F1 #RX
F2:  #TX $F2 #RX
F3:  #TX $F3 #RX

etc.

I have not tried this myself, but I would love to know if this works in an
acceptable way, opening and closing the PTT with proper timing via radio
sound card playback (USB Audio CODEC), with the Escape key interrupting a
message in progress and opening PTT.

See also TS590Scripts.zip at http://bit.ly/wtscripts .  You can keep the
mic. connected to the radio at all times.  Use no sound card (DVK option is
not selected).  Just program the four voice memories built in to the
TS-590S.

Using Advanced SO2R mode (even if you are SO1R), modify a scenario like
this:

F1:  #PLAYF1
F2:  #PLAYF2
F3:  #PLAYF3
F4:  #PLAYF4

Run the install script or manually assign* PlayHalt_590.wts* to the
*Escape* key,
which will interrupt a voice memory if it is playing.  No PTT connection to
ACC2 is required.  A single USB cable works fine.  There will be no delay
and no RFI problems when using voice memories.  It will probably sound
better than using any sound card.