[WT-support] IC7100 CW setup

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Apr 22 12:49:47 CEST 2016

The IC-7100 does not support on/off CW keying on the DTR or RTS pins of the
virtual serial port of the USB cable.  At present, the only Icom radios
that support CW via COM port DTR pin on/off keying are the IC-7300,
IC-7850, and IC-7851.

However, you may use my *IcomPlay* LUA script in your CW messages to have
the radio generate all CW for you.  For example, you could program your RUN
messages like this:

  F1:     $RSTEXCHSENT #ICOMPLAY("CQ $MYCALL $MYCALL") #ICOMCLEARRIT
  F2:     $SETEXCHSENT #ICOMPLAY("$RST$SERIAL")
  F3:     #ICOMPLAY("$CORRECT~TU") $CR
  F4:     #ICOMPLAY("$MYCALL")
  F5:     #ICOMPLAY("$LOGGEDCALL")
  F6:     #ICOMPLAY("CL?")
  F7:     #ICOMPLAY("?")
  Insert: #ICOMPLAY("$LOGGEDCALL$QSOB4$RST$SERIAL")
  Plus:   #ICOMPLAY("$CORRECT~TU $MYCALL") #ICOMCLEARRIT $CR

First you must install my Icom scripts.  Just go to http://bit.ly/wtscripts
and download IcomScripts.zip.  The Readme_IcomScripts.txt file inside the
Zip that gives detailed installation instructions.

The scripts assume that the IC-7100 firmware has been updated to the latest
available version (1.1 or "E4").