[WT-support] TO Callsign as user

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Oct 31 18:34:33 CET 2015

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 7:30 AM, Stewart GM4AFF <stewart at gm4aff.net> wrote:

> For others, you must add the call used to the DAT file *in use*.
>
> The latest download of the required DAT file does not have the latest TO
> calls embedded (as Olof also pointed out) which is a pity.

To the contrary, AD1C added TO4K to the country files well before the
contest, and the information was posted here on this reflector:

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 7:39 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>
 wrote:

>     11 September 2015 (CTY-2510)
>     VER20150911, Version entity is Uzbekistan, UK
>
>     Added/changed Callsigns/prefixes:

>         * TO4K is St. Barthelemy, FJ

When you tried to download a new country file, and TO4K still didn't work,
how did you download it?  Did you use a web browser.  Which browser?  Which
web site?  Or did you use Win-Test itself to download a new version?

Search your entire hard disk for a variation of a file named
CTY_WT_MOD*.*.  The easiest way to do this is via a Windows Command prompt,
then issue these two commands

cd \
dir cty*.* /a /b /s

Chances are high that your web browser saved the file(s) into a
"VirtualStore" directory instead of into the directory that Win-Test uses.
Or perhaps your browser renamed the file rather than replace an existing
country file.

Please ntoe that I've written a batch file to assist with downloading the
latest updates of many files used by Win-Test to the correct place,
including Super Check Partial files, Country files, and Callsign Pattern
files.  Please go to http://bit.ly/wtscripts , download UpdateCtySCP.zip,
and see the Readme file inside the Zip for instructions.