[WT-support] Change of Transmit Focus

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Nov 14 02:33:49 CET 2015

Other than pressing the star [*] key, or simulating that with a script that
does wtApp:SendKey("*"), such as the  SwapR1R2.wts script in SwapFocus.zip
(at http://bit.ly/wtscripts), I don't know a way to do it with Classic Auto
Control mode such as with the DXDoubler.  Of course, pressing [*] also
swaps primary/secondary, which is confusing.

What's needed is a LUA script that does nothing more than change the TX
Focus without affecting the UI, similar to $TR2.

This would provide a work-around for Task #264
<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=264&do=details>, which makes it
hard to use the SO2R mode of Win-Test on phone contests that require a
serial number, such as WPX (because the mic. always stays connected to the
primary, never the secondary).

It sounds like you want it to work on CW the same as it does on phone, with
the paddles or mic. always on the primary, but most of the time you *do*
want the paddles to follow the last transmission, though in this case you
don't.

One solution to the problem is simply to connect a paddle to the internal
keyer of each radio (use two paddles).  That plus a lockout circuit enables
you to safely and manually send wherever you want, no matter where Win-Test
is focused.

Nevertheless, with three new LUA APIs:

wtApp:TXPrimary(), wtApp:TXSecondary, wtApp:TXSwap()

that worked with all SO2R protocols, Classic (LPT/COM), microHAM, and
OTRSP, we could overcome the inconsistent behavior of $TR2 between CW and
Phone.