[WT-support] CW message behavior

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Nov 7 20:07:33 CET 2015

Sorry George, I don't understand.  Can you describe this another way?
Shift+F(key)?

Once you have the message dialog up, you don't press any function keys or
the shift key.  You move the cursor to the line you want to change with the
mouse.

Do you have Operating | Shift Binds to Secondary Radio selected?  Is
CapsLock ON?

Sometimes USB or wireless keyboards get into a strange state, and a cold
reboot of the computer, or maybe just unplug and plug in the USB keyboard,
will reset it.

Note you should also be able to use SHIFT+(function key) (without the
dialog) to reprogram an individual message, if you can't get the MSGS
dialog to work (MSGS is a text command shortcut for Options | CW | Modify
standard messages).