[WT-support] Operating Split Question

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Mar 11 01:02:41 CET 2015

It could be something unique to the FTdx5000, but more likely it is
something else.

>From this Wiki page
<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#DX-Cluster_Announcements>:

"QSX information (like QSX 7239) is parsed from the comment field of the
spot and handled correctly, so that when you click on such a spot, the
transceiver will switch to split mode, put VFO A on the RX frequency and
VFO B on the TX frequency. QSX is indicated by an asterisk (*) character on
the spotted callsign."

Unfortunately, it's easy for someone to post a spot, but forget to enter
the QSX, so it ends up as a simplex spot.  For example, see the spots for
TI5W posted by VA7TF and VE9XX/6-@, here:

http://www.dxsummit.fi/#/?include=7MHz&dx_calls=TI5W

So, if you click on those, you'll be back in Simplex (TX on top of the DX).

The safest way to handle this is to click on the spot, *then* press the
minus key [ - ] and enter the announced Split frequency manually.  The QSX
frequency in spot could be "stale" or incorrect.  The last three digits are
sufficient.

(To exit split mode, just press [ - ] and [Enter]; don't enter any split
frequency.)