[WT-support] KX3 SSB DVK

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jul 7 18:53:14 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 5:57 AM, paterson gordon <
gordon.paterson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Can the KX3 DVK be keyed via LUA scripts for SSB? I see it isn't
> documented. If I setup the F1 script for the K3 and press F1, it
> essentially activates the CMP on and off.

Unlike the K3 with KDVR3, the KX3 does not have a internal voice keyer
option.  You'll need to use a sound card in your PC and buy or build the
equivalent of the KX3-PCKT
<http://www.elecraft.com/manual/E740169%20KX3-PCKT%20Cable%20Set%20Instructions%20Rev%200.pdf>
cable set.

Note that the KX3 has a different set of Win-Test LUA scripts than the K3
scripts.  You can download KX3scripts.zip from http://bit.ly/wtscripts .
The internal CW keyer is supported for keying and messages, but again,
there's no voice keyer without a sound card connection.