[WT-support] WT 4.18 new bugs

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Dec 3 22:35:25 CET 2015

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 12:13 PM, <gt-i at gmx.net> wrote:

> Regarding the bandmap, I checkled of course the entries DXCC versus zones.
> It happened on 80m and it showed 37 new Zones! This actually was the number
> of new QSOs, not even new DXCC.

Maybe you're not interpreting it correctly.  If you see:

12S  11N  14C 7Z

it means twelve total spots, 11 new calls (e.g. one of the spots is a
dupe), 14 new countries, 7 zones available to work, all in the current band
map for the current band.  So on 80, if you had only worked zones 3,4,5,
and every other zone is in the world was spotted and in the band map
(because filtering skimmer spots by location was not enabled at the
cluster), this can happen easily.  Win-Test would say there were 37 new
zones on the band map for you to work.

More likely, though, is that it displayed "3Z" (3 zones) but you misread it
as "37"?  Next time it happens, please take a screen shot.  Press
Alt+PrintScreen to copy the active screen shot to the Windows clipboard,
then paste into email (do not post to reflector, which cannot accept large
attachments).  Or, you can use Start -> Accessories -> Snipping Tool.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 12:21 PM, <gt-i at gmx.net> wrote:

> Found the guilty one: the KX3USB Adapter seems to be the problem. As soon
> as I plug it out, WT closes immediately.

Please reconnect the KX3USB and note the device driver type and version.
Use Windows Device Manager, right click on port, Properties, Driver.  Is it
Prolific?  FTDI?  Clearly the driver is not handling a "sleep" or
"hibernate" situation gracefully when the port is still open and actively
being polled, which is probably true of many USB-to-Serial adapters.

Since Win-Test polls the radio as fast as possible, maybe the driver has no
chance to go into sleep mode while running Win-Test, but that's just my own
speculation.  You could try changing the Polling Rate in Win-Test Options |
Configure Interfaces.  Change it from "Auto" to "1000" (ms) to see if it
makes any difference.  Please report results.