[WT-support] WT 4.18 new bugs

gt-i at gmx.net gt-i at gmx.net
Thu Dec 3 21:13:03 CET 2015

Bob,
thanks tor taking care about my issues!
Regarding the bandmap, I checkled of course the entries DXCC versus
zones. It happened on 80m and it showed 37 new Zones! This actually was
the number of new QSOs, not even new DXCC.

Regarding the Close-Problem: it also happened yesterday doing the
following:
WinTest is open and shows an active log.
Using File->Open I'm trying to load a new log. Then WT stops, the screen
goes blank and there is no chance to kill it using the taksmanager.
Please note I have not changed my Hardware. I'm using USB serial
adapters, the u2r. No Recording at all.

I searched how to kill such a process and found:
taskkill /f /PID <pid> (look up the pid in the taksmanager)
which works and reports the task would have been killed, but WT was
still there as a zombie.
In that case they say it must be a buggy driver. But I'm not aware of
any driver I have changed at the same time.
I'll try to check if any of the USB adapters need updates.
73
Gernot