[WT-support] Differences in QSO count

Chris Plumblee chris.plumblee at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:47:27 CET 2015

I cannot answer why it happened, but I can confirm we had the same problem
running 4.19 at N4WW on six computers, none connected wirelessly.

We had three XP computers and three Win7 computers. Two XP computers agreed
exactly, the third was slightly higher. The three Win7 machines ranged from
the lowest to the highest final score.

I tried to merge the logs last night and ended up with a bunch of dupes
(30000 QSOs total, < 7000 non-dupes). I opted to submit the largest log
as-is in the absence of better options.

When we used 4.15 on the same computers for ARRL DX CW in February all
six totals agreed exactly at the end of the contest.

73, Chris WF3C

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015, Steve HA0DU <ha0du at dx.hu> wrote:

> Dear WinTesters,
>
> During the recent CQWW CW test we experienced that some of the computers
> had different QSO numbers than others. Our system consists of six
> computers, of which, five are connected to a hub, and a sixth one is
> connected via WiFi. We can imagine the WiFi machine has connectivity
> problems because of the RF power radiated over the place, but the other
> five are connected by wires, still the five machines sometimes had four
> different bottom lines...
> Now this is not a problem most of the time, but when it comes to the
> number of band changes, it can be a serious problem!!!
>
> Of course sychronization is enabled.
>
> Could someone give us an idea what can be the reason?
>
> 73 Steve HA0DU
>

> ---
> Ezt az e-mailt az Avast víruskereső szoftver átvizsgálta.

Chris Plumblee
407.494.5155