[WT-support] QTC Problem

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Aug 11 13:07:58 CEST 2015

Hi Bob et al.

Le 10/08/2015 18:50, Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> If the log is in sync, but not the QTCs, the correct thing to do is to
> copy the .WT4.QTC file, not the log file  But if the station name is in
> the .QTC file, I don't know know how to correct that.

The QTC file doesn't include the station name. It can be copied from one
machine to the other with no problem. Only its name has to be modified
to match the .wt4 name, as I described earlier.

> Win-Test does a pretty good job of re-synchronizing QSOs if a computer
> goes down, and then comes back up.  What about QTCs?

Actually, the sync is not so good, and has several flaws (missing Qs)
under some circonstances. I'm currently working on it by rewriting it
totally, with good results so far. Once done, I will consider the QTCs.
But I'm not sure it will happen before WAEDC 2016.

Remember Jan. 7 2015 - #JeSuisCharlie