[WT-support] QTCs in WAE

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Aug 10 13:51:16 CEST 2015

Hi Ed

Le 10/08/2015 10:49, Ed, GW3SQX a écrit :

> I had left Win-test running, and had to restart it -- of course there
> was no WT4 file.

This sounds very unlikely to me. I can't say it's impossible, but I
can't imagine how a crash (like you describe) can make a file vanish in
the wild ! Maybe you searched for it in the wrong directory etc. but I'm
almost sure that the wt4 was somewhere on your disk (except of course if
the disk is somewhat corrupted etc.).

> It seems that QTCs are stored elsewhere,

They're simply stored in a different file, in the same directory as the
wt4 file, with the same name as the wt4 file, with a .qtc extension.

For ex, if the log file is myLog.wt4, the QTC file is named myLog.wt4.qtc

They are "attached together" by their name.

I just appended on my todo list to make a backup of the qtc file at the
same time as the wt4 file, in the same location.

Please send me PRIVATELY all the wt4 and qtc files you have that may be
related to the contest. I will check what I can rebuild from them.

Remember Jan. 7 2015 - #JeSuisCharlie