[WT-support] QTC Problem

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Aug 9 02:12:59 CEST 2015

The only thing I can suggest is to copy the .WT4 file from the "good"
computer to the "bad" one, change the station name, and restart.

   1. Close Win-Test on *both computers*
   2. Copy the .WT4 file from the good computer to the bad computer
   3. Rename the bad log to filename.bad.wt4
   4. Rename the good copy to match the old bad log file name (note STN1 or
   STN2 is often in the file name if you use the Win-Test defaults, so if the
   good copy had STN1 in the name, change it to STN2)
   5. Start Win-Test on *one and only one computer:  *the "bad" computer
   (the one with the new log that you just renamed)
   6. If the log auto-loads, type REOPEN [Enter] so you can get to the
   contest configuration screen
   7. Change the station name at the bottom to match what is being used on
   the "bad" computer (file name should now match station name)
   8. Click OK to reload the new copy of the log on the bad computer
   9. Now, and only now, start Win-Test on the good computer

If have no idea if this well really work, it is completely untested.