[WT-support] WT and Icoms via RS-232 - CAT ok but no PTT ?

Anton Koval, MW0EDX m0edx at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 4 20:16:10 CEST 2014

Gentlemen,

I am trying to resolve the following issue.

My current set up is:

SO2R

IC-7800 as TRX1, IC-7700 as TRX2, both connected via separate RS-232 ports to
my PC (IC-7800 and IC-7700 both have RS-232 ports at the back). I also
have a DX doubler which is connected to my PC via the PCI DB25 LTP port. I also have 2 x USB to CW custom made, with special built-in chips, leads.

I managed to set up the CAT control of BOTH of the TRX1 and TRX2 via COM2 and COM9 ports, as my PC defined them. The USB adapters for,
presumably, CW PTT, have been identified as COM10 and COM11 ports. I
tried to play with them but all I could get was the permanent CW
carrier.

The RSGB 21/28 MHZ is in less then 12 hours from now, I was hoping to QRV as SO2R (1 PC, 2 TRXs).

Thanks,

 Anton Koval

MW0EDX & MW5R

m0edx at yahoo.com