[WT-support] Windows 8 and Win-test

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Oct 4 17:19:10 CEST 2014

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 6:55 AM, thornton ash <thorntonash at icloud.com> wrote:

> I am having problems getting Win-test to work with Windows 8.
>
> I have updated  per the instructions about the 64-bit changes and have
> configured Win-test. I am using a Winkeyer USB and it has worked with Win 7
> in the past.
> Any suggestions on something I might have missed?

Yes, we don't know your callsign, and you didn't describe the problem you
are having.  The WinKeyer isn't working?  Did you select the right virtual
COM port?  Did you change the baud rate to 1200 by pressing the WinKey
Default Settings Button?

If you can't figure it out, please send me a screen shot of your Win-Test
Interfaces Configuration.

Note: you have to close any WinKey setup program before starting Win-Test,
otherwise it can't talk to the WinKey port.

You should also disable the LPT port CW pin if you want to use a WinKey for
CW.

(Will be unable to respond further until after the California QSO Party
completes at 2200z Sunday)