[WT-support] Win-test does not recognize IC756ProIII (and other Icoms)

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Oct 1 23:08:53 CEST 2014

Jun,

It is probably not working because the hex address or settings inside the
radio menu do not match the settings being used by Win-Test.

For best results with Icom, in Win-Test Interfaces Configuration menu:

[x]   "Don't poll"
[x]   "Use CI-V"
Polling Rate:  [Auto]

Set COMx: to Radio1 - Click [Configure] button, click [IC-756ProIII Default
settings] button, and click [OK]
Set COMy: to Radio2 - Click [Configure] button, click [IC-7000 Default
settings] button, and click [OK]

In IC-756 ProIII Menu ("Others" set mode):

CI-V Baud Rate:  Auto
*CI-V Address: 6Eh*
CI-V Transceive:  ON
CI-V with IC-731:  OFF

In IC-7000 Menu ("Others" set mode):

48 CI-V Baud Rate:  Auto
*49 CI-V Address: 70h*
50 CI-V Transceive:  ON

If it still doesn't work, change the baud rate from Auto to 19200 in the
radio menus.

If it still doesn't work, check that you are using the correct virtual COM
port number for each radio, by using Windows Device Manager, Ports tab
(Start, Run, DEVMGMT.MSC).

See also http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Supported_rigs#Icom for more
information about Icom radios, including how to use the "Icom Generic"
setting if you can't find the Icom radio model in the drop-down list.