[WT-support] Win-test does not recognize IC756ProIII (and other Icoms)

Jun Tanaka jh4rhf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 22:20:09 CEST 2014

Dear all

Sorry for band width.

I just started preparation for CQ WW and found my Win-test does not
recognize IC756ProIII (and IC7000 as well). I tried different sets of
parameters on Interfaces Configuration screen, but no luck.
Does anyone know some other hidden trick to make them work ?
( btw, K3 works without any struggling )

Here is some more detail of my trials...
Windows 7 (32 bit) + Win-Test v. 4.13.0
Connect with CI-V compatible I/F to IC756ProIII (I also tried IC7000 but
no luck). No fancy USB radio control box.
I tried a USB-COM converter and a SOCKET PCMCIA COM I/F for PC side but
none of them work with WT+ICOM. K3 works fine with both USB-COM and
PCMCIA card.
I have tried different parameters, i.e. baud rate from 19200 to 1200,
CI-V transceive On/Off etc but no luck.

Interestingly, H/W mentioned above works fine with MMTTY. MMTTY can read
ProIII frequency with both USB-COM cable and PCMCIA I/F. Thus, H/W works
OK.

Maybe some tricks on WT which I did not recognize yet.  I remember I
could make WT+ICOM work in the past but I do not remember what I shall
do.

Any inputs, tips, or suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

73

Jun

OE1ZKC JH4RHF KH2S 4U1VIC(op) M0RHF ZL3RH

*One of ST0R gang who started the history of a new born country*
e-mail: jh4rhf at arrl.net
          jh4rhf at gmail.com
http://www.qsl.net/jh4rhf