[WT-support] Keying with Win-Test (new user)

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Nov 27 00:37:51 CET 2014

Rich,

I suppose you are listening to the CW via PC speaker beeps.  This no longer
works well in modern versions of Windows.  I'll spare you the technical
details behind this.

Ignore these speaker sounds.  Type NOSOUND [Enter] in the logging window.
Connect Win-Test to a radio.  The CW that Win-Test generates, via either
COM port pins or LPT pins, will sound great.

If you have a K3 radio, you don't even need an external keying circuit or
WinKey.