[WT-support] RFI and Wintest

Stewart GM4AFF stewart at gm4aff.net
Wed Mar 26 18:07:47 CET 2014

Hi Bob, thanks for the suggestions. I actually have 2 wireless and one wired
keyboard (+ 3 mice) in the shack, which (on my last PC) were all used on
different bands! Been there. Tried them all - but none would allow 6 band
problem free operation. I have ferrite beads on the wired keyboard. All the
mice are wireless.

I have got rid of the network cable (which did make a difference) and
replaced it with wireless. This got rid of the problem on 10m!

The only wire going into the PC are the radio CAT/serial cables. These have
ferrite on them.

PTT and CW keys are all good. I can turn up the power and the problem starts
at a specific power output fairly consistently. I have also bypassed all the
antenna switching with a amp-direct-to-the-antenna cable, and it still
occurred.

I don't want to take up any more reflector space with this, but if anyone
else has any thoughts I'd really appreciate them - just send direct to me.

I will be trying Frank's opto-isolator idea.

73

Stewart

GM4AFF