[WT-support] RFI and Wintest

Stewart GM4AFF stewart at gm4aff.net
Tue Mar 25 21:53:43 CET 2014

I am having some problems with RF getting into my PC and upsetting the
WIntest keying. I can do what I like with the paddles when I run power, but
as soon as I touch a WIntest function key to send CW it just locks
everything up with a solid transmitted carrier. I was able to eliminate this
on my last PC by grounding the case and using WiFi, but not on this PC. It's
only bad on 15 and 40m. The 15m antenna is quite near the shack and the 40m
antenna has a bad SWR at the moment - so I know the cause.

Does anyone have advice on what can be done to prevent this - practical
down-to-earth solutions (excuse the pun).

Thanks!

Stewart

GM4AFF