[WT-support] Controlling custom hardware?

Markku Oksanen markku.a.oksanen at outlook.com
Mon Mar 17 09:06:25 CET 2014

ALL
I am trying to figure out a way to change my antenna configuration at the same time when I change to RADIO2 (and then back) using the keyboard command "*".  The reason is that I use tribanders (two stacks of 4) and usually isolate one TH7 for RADIO2 for multiplier spotting, HOWEVER, one high TH7 is hardly ever enough to break a good multiplier's pileup from here in southern Finland.
So, I would like to change to the main antennas to RADIO2 when I actually go use it and leave RADIO1 to the TH7DXX.I already have the hardware that does that, the hardware is controlled by a MS Visual Basic - written UI that runs on a separate control PC for the station (along with WT telnet clients etc.).
SO, it there a way to connect to an external software process from WinTest to show the state of R1/R2 selection to external software and further hardware?  In fact, I would probably have a software daemon running on the WinTest PC that would further communicate with the station automation software on the station control PC over Ethernet using UDP messages (this is pretty easy to do with Visual Basic).
Thanks!
MarkkuOH2RA/OG2A /WW1C