[WT-support] Log merging from othr applications

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Jul 24 19:35:38 CEST 2014

Importing a DXpedition log from 3rd party software into Win-Test may indeed
be more trouble than it is worth, because there is no "Cabrillo" format for
a DXPedition log.  The same limitation may exist for the other type of log
format that Win-Test can import:  EDITEST (
http://hrvhf.net/upload/edi_reg1test.pdf).

Yes you could import a CQ WW format Cabrillo log into Win-Test, *one mode
at a time*, one file at a time, then change the Win-Test "contest" from
from CQ WW to DXpedition format, then do some File | Merge operations on
the .WT4 files.

To see what type of Cabrillo format Win-Test expects for importing, ask
Win-Test to create a Cabrillo file from a dummy log, and look at the
output.  You cannot create a Cabrillo file for a DXpedition log.

Perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to export all logs from all
software into ADIF format, then use a program that can import ADIF and
export to Clublog.