[WT-support] IARU contest

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jul 9 03:05:58 CEST 2014

John,

It's happening because Win-Test by default uses the CTY.DAT file, instead
of the more complete CTY_WT_MOD.DAT file.

   1. Type CTYFILES [Enter] in the logging window
   2. Select CTY_WT_MOD.DAT, and *Download* to get the latest.
   3. After the download is complete, check "Reload" and click OK.
   4. Download the updated HQ station prefill file from http://bit.ly/itudtb
   (I'm updating it daily now).  This will download itu.zip.
   5. Select File | Explore | /database directory.  This will open Windows
   Explorer.
   6. Open itu.zip and extract.  Copy and paste itu.dtb to the /database
   folder opened in step 5.  Ignore the other files.
   7. Select Options | Data Entry | Exchange guessing | Automatically so
   that the data will be pre-filled as soon as you type the last letter of the
   call.
   8. Restart Win-Test (REOPENNOW [Enter] is the fastest way to do this)

Now if you type KM5PS, it will display Zone 07.   If you type W100AW, it
will display ARRL.  If not, review the steps above.