[WT-support] Recording audio (Tx and RX)

PY2SEX - Alex py2sex at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 09:28:13 CET 2014

Thanks all,
I did configured yesterday checking the manuals and worked.
But this morning after switch everything on the USB Device router and
wintest saying the port 7,8,9 are not available, but the radio still
getting the frequency on USB device router. :)
I will be back to the station later to check what is going on.
Thanks for help.

73
Alex

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 2:01 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists at subich.com> wrote:

>  If you cannot get the recording bars to move at all, you may have to
>> adjust the sliders in the Audio Mixer tab of the microHAM Router
>> software
>>

> This applies to XP only and may be going away soon.  In Windows 7/8
> (recommended operating systems) adjust input gain in Windows Sound
> Control Panel.
>
> 73,
>
>    ... Joe, W4TV
>

> On 1/16/2014 7:39 PM, Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:
>
>>     1. In the microHAM Router page, Audio Mixer tab, make sure you have
>> set
>>
>>     USB Audio CODEC to USB Audio CODEC, and that all the little indicator
>> bars
>>     a green, as shown here:
>>
>>     http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/SO2R/MK2R#Device_Router_Audio_
>> Mixer_volume_setting
>>     (but make sure that "Sampling" is set to NONE)
>>     2. In the top right corner of the MK2R+ box, press both the "LEFT" and
>>
>>     "RIGHT" buttons so that the "WYH" ("What You Hear") LED is lit
>>     3. Start Win-Test and type MP3SETUP [Enter] in the Logging window
>>     4. Set *Player* Sound device to your Windows sound card (the one
>>
>>     connected to your PC speakers)
>>     5. Set *Recorder* Sound device to "USB Audio CODEC"
>>     6. Set *MPEG CODEC* to Fraunhofer
>>     7. Select *Stereo* recording
>>     8. Select sample rate 8000 Hz, 24 kBit/s
>>     9. Press *OK*
>>     10. Select *Windows | Contest Recorder*
>>     11. Click on the red "Start recording" button
>>     12. Adjust the recording level using the two "RX LEVEL" knobs on far
>>
>>     right of the MK2R+.  Peak audio levels should never go into the "red"
>> zone
>>     in the VU meters in the Contest Recorder window.  If you cannot get
>> the
>>     recording bars to move at all, you may have to adjust the sliders in
>> the
>>     Audio Mixer tab of the microHAM Router software
>>     13. After the contest, stop recording.  Move the cursor to any QSO and
>>
>>     press Ctrl+Alt+Enter (or AltGr+Enter) to listen to the recording of
>> that
>>     QSO.  Right click on the Contest Recorder window to view many more
>> options,
>>     such as Listen To -> Left/Right Channel Only, and "Extract and save
>> QSO".
>>
>> 73,
>> Bob, N6TV
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 6:29 AM, PY2SEX - Alex <py2sex at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hello Folks,
>>> I want to record my TX and RX with MK2R+. Does anyone has tips or a step
>>> by step to make it works quickly?
>>> I just over viewed the manual and I know there are informations there,
>>> but
>>> would be easier if someone already did and can give me some tips. :)
>>>
>>> The configuration is.
>>> 2 FT5000, running WT with MK2R+. Win XP running as OS.
>>>
>>> I would like to record the RX and TX audio from both radios.

> [...]

Vy 73

Alex
PY2SEX | PY1KS | DL1NX