[WT-support] Recording audio (Tx and RX)

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jan 17 01:39:48 CET 2014

   1. In the microHAM Router page, Audio Mixer tab, make sure you have set
   USB Audio CODEC to USB Audio CODEC, and that all the little indicator bars
   a green, as shown here:

   http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/SO2R/MK2R#Device_Router_Audio_Mixer_volume_setting
   (but make sure that "Sampling" is set to NONE)
   2. In the top right corner of the MK2R+ box, press both the "LEFT" and
   "RIGHT" buttons so that the "WYH" ("What You Hear") LED is lit
   3. Start Win-Test and type MP3SETUP [Enter] in the Logging window
   4. Set *Player* Sound device to your Windows sound card (the one
   connected to your PC speakers)
   5. Set *Recorder* Sound device to "USB Audio CODEC"
   6. Set *MPEG CODEC* to Fraunhofer
   7. Select *Stereo* recording
   8. Select sample rate 8000 Hz, 24 kBit/s
   9. Press *OK*
   10. Select *Windows | Contest Recorder*
   11. Click on the red "Start recording" button
   12. Adjust the recording level using the two "RX LEVEL" knobs on far
   right of the MK2R+.  Peak audio levels should never go into the "red" zone
   in the VU meters in the Contest Recorder window.  If you cannot get the
   recording bars to move at all, you may have to adjust the sliders in the
   Audio Mixer tab of the microHAM Router software
   13. After the contest, stop recording.  Move the cursor to any QSO and
   press Ctrl+Alt+Enter (or AltGr+Enter) to listen to the recording of that
   QSO.  Right click on the Contest Recorder window to view many more options,
   such as Listen To -> Left/Right Channel Only, and "Extract and save QSO".