[WT-support] WT-support] CORRECTING: Win-test newbie questions Part I

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Tue Jan 14 03:21:46 CET 2014

Bob may have been thinking of WriteLog which does provide SO2R and software
lockout between two networked computers, both FOW and LOW.  However, as
Steve points out, software lockouts are (1) not reliable enough, and (2)
almost always still allow a few msec of simultaneous transmission.

The only feasible way to lockout two transmitters is by hardware, e.g., on
the PTT lines.  This is the rationale behind the requirement of hardware
lockouts in CQ contests.

Ed W0YK