[WT-support] CORRECTING: Win-test newbie questions

Teijo Murtovaara teijo.murtovaara at netikka.fi
Mon Jan 13 21:26:30 CET 2014

13.1.2014 21:31, Bob Wilson, N6TV kirjoitti:

> There should be no Ethernet cables connected between your FT-1000MP and
> your LinkSys router or Ethernet switch, just a simple straight serial
> cable with DB-9 female connectors on both ends connected between your
> Windows XP machine and your FT-1000MP.  If you already have it working
> with CT, you don't need to change any wiring to make it work with Win-Test.

I guess that Bob meant that the 2 laptops he is using would be connected
to the router similar to a multi-op network.

>     5) How will Wintest know how to access the soundcard in each
>     computers to let me control the
>     Voice Keying functions?  Am I better off connecting the original
>     Nel-Tech DVK 100 or using a MFJ-434?
>

> Looking at the Nel-Tech manual
> <http://www.nel-techlabs.com/manuals_legacy/dvk100m.pdf> I don't see any
> way to control it via computer.   Or do you already have that working
> with CT?

I have not tried this but I guess that this wiring should work when
connected to the external keyboard connector of the DVK-100.
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Interfaces#Digital_Voice_Keyer

>     If any of you have used the original K1EA DVP, how does the voice
>     keying with Win-Test and a “stock” computer soundcard
>     compare to the DVP?
>

> It's almost as good, but on slow computers, there can be some slight
> delays, and RFI/noise issues can be a big problem when using PC sound cards.

I have noticed some delays when I open some other applications while a
message is played. Otherwise the voice keyer has worked well on my >6
year old HP Compaq nc6120 laptop. I have had very little RFI with my setup.

73 de Teijo OH6NIO