[WT-support] Voice keyer transmits, hardware blinks but no output on SSB (CW - OK)

Anton Koval, MW0EDX m0edx at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 18:49:16 CET 2014

Folks,

I have been re-arranging the shack. That included changing the COM ports on my PC (do not ask WHY :-)).

I was able to set the COM ports to run Win-Test properly, change bands, auto-CQ on CW but NOT on SSB.

When recording F1 (example - CQ) on SSB and then playing F1 the hardware (Rig Expert) is blinking, but the TX is not switching to transmit. Also when hitting the TX button on TX while F1 is playing nothing is also heard.

Equipment:

- IC7800, Steppir DB18E, RigExpert
- Rig Expert's ports: 4-Rig Experts standard Serial Port, 5- Rig Experts standard FSK Port, 6-Rig Experts standard CAT Port, 7 - PTT/CW Port

What I am missing now ? Before the change (see above) all was working fine...

Thanks,

Anton Koval
m0edx at yahoo.com