[WT-support] Clicking on Spots

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Feb 12 02:34:45 CET 2014

A similar USB/LSB CW issue was reported by NQ4I in the past.  Maybe he
remembers how he fixed it.

For reference, see:

http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2011-October/081593.html
http://lists.f5mzn.org/pipermail/support/2009-May/077534.html

First, make sure you have the correct radio type selected ("Tentec Orion"
or "Tentec Orion II"), and that both VFO A and B on the radio are in the
same mode (LCW).  Manually do this on every band.

There's a note in Release.txt from seven years ago that talks about this:

- CW-Reverse mode added for some Radios:
 - Orion
- All kenwood Radios supporting CW-Reverse
 - All radios using a Kenwood-based protocol which are supporting
  CW-Reverse (Elecraft, SDR-1000).
 - All Icom which are supporting CW-Reverse.
- FT-1000MP/MkV, FT-2000, FTDX-9000
  Other rigs can be considered as far as the protocol can handle it.
  Please tell us!
  There is no setting in WT in order to enable/disable this feature.
  Just set the CW Reverse on the radio, WT will remember that setting
  for the next time the mode must be programmed onto the radio.

Does the click on spot problem continue?  If so, try using
OmniRig<http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig> to
control the radio, rather than Win-Test.  First disable the radio COM port
in Win-Test Interfaces Configuration, and change the radio type to OmniRig
(bottom of same dialog).  Then display the Radio 1 bandmap, right click on
it, and select "OmniRig Properties".   In the pop-up dialog for OmniRig,
manually set the radio type to TenTec Orion, and set the COM port
properties to match the baud rate of the radio.  The defaults for the Orion
are 57600,8,N,1,RTS=Handshake (or HIGH), DTR=HIGH.

If the band map tracks the radio frequency OK, does the problem go away?
 If not, edit "C:\Program Files(x86)\Afreet\Omnirig\Rigs\TenTec Orion.ini"
with a text editor, find pmCW_U and pmCW_L command values, and make them
match.  Save the .ini file and restart Win-Test.  The problem should
finally go away.