[WT-support] ARRL DX 10 M - multiplier help list

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Dec 7 21:20:02 CET 2014

If you're operating the ARRL 10m contest, be sure to right click on "Used
Files" in the Super Check Partial window.  If it displays ARRL_10M.DTB, *you
are using the wrong file for Super-Check*, and will have to take the steps
listed below.

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 6:11 AM, Alfredo Velez WP3C <wp3c at aol.com> wrote:

>  How do I change MASTER.SCP for ARRL_10M.DTP? 73'

You cannot.  MASTER.SCP is a text file for super-check-partial, and it only
contains callsigns.  ARRL_10M.DTB is a binary database file intended to be
used for "prefill" of exchanges only.  The .DTB file on the Win-Test web
site has not been updated in 4 years.  I do not recommend using it for any
purpose unless you load your own ARRL 10m logs into it by opening them with
Win-Test and running *File | Update database*, one log at a time, loading
your most recent ARRL 10M Contest file *last*.

Note:  If ARRL_10M.DTB is present in the /databases directory, Win-Test
will not use MASTER.SCP for super-check partial.  I think this is a
longstanding bug.

Since the .DTB file is so out of date, *I recommend deleting ARRL_10M.DTB*,
then Win-Test will use MASTER.SCP.  Otherwise, if you want to update your
own ARRL_10M.DTB *and* also use the latest super-check partial file
(MASTER.SCP), the only solution is to copy MASTER.SCP to DEFAULT.SCP and
restart Win-Test.

To view all of these files, from the Win-Test menu select File | Explore |
/databases directory.  If you can't see the last three letters of the file
name (something Windows hides by default), follow the instructions here
<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files#Viewing_hidden_files_and_folders>
to make them visible.