[WT-support] Win-Test.... it's still the best, but ....

Nigel G3TXF nigel at G3TXF.com
Tue Sep 10 22:19:40 CEST 2013

Hello Larry,

Over many years there has been no greater enthusiast for Win-Test than G3TXF!

However as Juha OH6XX has observed both times and contesting move on.

Today there is an exponential growth (OK, I exaggereate a bit perhaps!) in DATA Contesting and in particular in contests using
DATA's annoying little brother called PSK (be it PSK-31 or PSK-62).

In the UK we have our local RSGB 80m CC contests which have separate sessions on CW, SSB and RTTY/PSK. For the RTTY/PSK sessions,
as much as I would like to, I just cannot use Win-Test, because there's no PSK. I  wish that was not the case. I'm therefore
reluctantly forced to use N1MM for that part of the contest. For all other contesting (not involving PSK), it's always Win-Test
for me.

For well over a decade Win-Test has been the world's best and most rock-solid contesting software. [I've NEVER 'lost' one QSO with
Win-Test and unlike with most other contesting programs, 'crashes' are all but unheard of with Win-Test].

Win-Test still could be the world's best contesting software if only some further development was made which recognises the
changing faces of contesting, e.g the new contest modes (particularly PSK!) and the huge popularity of some 'local' contests which
are not currently catered for in Win-Test.

Vive Win-Test!

73 - Nigel G3TXF

  _____