[WT-support] Work around for bug in Win-test

Alexander Kurpiers a.kurpiers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 09:44:33 CEST 2013

On 10/15/2013 06:13 PM, Terry wrote:

> For some time there has been an anomaly in Win-test that is more an
> annoyance than a major problem. When you change from SSB to CW and
> then back, you must hit F1 to call an automated CQ before the live mic
> works. It also manifests itself when going to cw and you try to use
> Alt-K, nothing happens when you type. If you hit F1 to call an
> automated CQ on cw then hit ESC right away, ALT-K works fine then.
> Does anyone know a work around for this? This is the only issue we've
> had with Win-test in the last several years, the program has become a
> VERY stable product, THANKS LAURENT!!!!!

Good to know I'm not the only one with this ALT-K problem. It does not
happen often, but it happens during the contest ("European V/UHF - no
multiplier" - multi-op/tx - mixed). Same setup as Terry (keying CW
through serial interface RTS/DTR).

Unfortunately I do not remember exactly how to trigger it (otherwise I
probably would have reported the issue already) - I usually switch
between SSB and CW by "CW" on the keyboard or by switching at the radio,
but almost never by ctrl-F1. Using the radio buttons is more likely, as
it usually happens during a QSO I started in SSB (or called CQ) but have
to switch to CW to complete it.

As Terry wrote, it is not a show-stopper at all, as F1 unbreaks it.

73' Alexander