[WT-support] Loosing data

Ulf Schneider uschneid at posteo.de
Wed Oct 9 07:12:20 CEST 2013

Hi Bob,

Am 09.10.2013 03:36 schrieb Bob Wilson, N6TV:
> I have probably
> wasted over 100 hours of my time trying to help dozens of people get
> something labeled "Prolific" to work reliably.

If people ask me and it's not related to RFI, I usually spend 2 minutes
to find out if they bought fake and if so, another 2 minutes to buy them
an original Prolific adapter.

> As for your issue with CW timing on FTDI chips, it could have been
> caused
> by other issues, such as NOSOUND not specified in Win-Test, or
> conflicts
> between device drivers, RFI, or even a Windows print spooler running
> in the
> background.

Definitely RFI in some cases. Interestingly Prolific devices worked in
the same environments flawless. FTDI too with some ferrites, but I
personally prefer robust hardware over heavy use of ferrites.

73
Ulf DK5TX