[WT-support] No dupe warnings ? Broken CW ? Error messages...

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Oct 8 22:52:11 CEST 2013

"Network received bad check sum" usually happens when you have an
unreliable network connection.  Are you using wired Ethernet or wireless?
 If wired, are you using STP (shielded) or UTP (unshielded) Ethernet
cables?  RFI or bad WiFi connections can cause this message.

For dupe checking, use the standard variable in your INSERT message:

$LOGGEDCALL $QSOB4 $F2

Type NOWORKDUPE [Enter] in the logging window.

Program the string sent for QSOB4 using the second tab of the MSGS dialog
(MSGS [Enter])

Select Tools -> Data Entry -> Exchange Guessing -> Automatically

to have duplicate calls flagged as soon as you type them, instead of
waiting for your to hit spacebar.

"Error in field" means it doesn't recognize what you've typed in the
received exchange, e.g. unrecognized district code.  Maybe a multiplier
list needs updating?

You might want to verify that Tools -> Data Entry -> Disable CW cut number
translation is checked, otherwise maybe N, T, A, and E in the exchange
column could be translated into a number (but WT should only do that in the
serial no. field).